Bushfire Ceasefire – BAL FZ Range
What is the Ceasefire Range?
Nilfire’s Ceasefire range is a specially designed window system, catering for fire rated openings in Flame Zone determined areas. Ceasefire windows are available in both fixed and operable configurations, and are manufactured with resilient steel frames.
This system is specifically designed for the external protection of properties constructed in bush fire prone areas. They protect against all Bushfire Attack Levels (BAL), specifically Flame Zone (BAL FZ).
How can Nilfire fulfil your BAL FZ requirements?
Nilfire’s Ceasefire range are fully tested and comply with AS 1530 part 8.2 (BAL-FZ) or AS1530 part 4 as a -/30/- FRL.
What are the features?
The features of our Ceasefire range include:
- A choice of fixed and operable glazing including;
- Sliding doors
- Hinged doors
- Sliding Windows
- Awning windows
- Casement windows
- Fixed glazing
- Frames manufactured from steel to meet the ferocity of the most extreme bushfires in a choice of several different profiles.
- The option of 5mm ceramic glass, 6mm toughened and tempered, 13mm laminated or 23mm double glazed units made from toughened and tempered fire resistant glass for energy efficiency.
- The choice of a number of different powder coat or paint finishes and a wide range of colours.
- The choice of using standard sizes and configurations to reduce cost.
- The option of supply only or supply and installation.
Are heat attenuation screens required?
External heat attenuation screens or ember screens are required on operable glazing but not on fixed glazing. The advantage of this is that the ember screens will not detract from the amenity and view through the fixed panel and can double as insect screens on the operable panels. The ember screens are specifically designed for bushfire BAL FZ applications and are usually a very economical solution.